When Brielle is going to bed, it used to take forever! Now we have gotten it down(of course after bath is done) to about 5-10 minutes! This 10 on Tuesday, I going to list 10 things Brielle must do before she does to bed.. or else our night routine will not be fun!
Ο Of course she must take a bath /shower
Ο Right when she gets out of the bath/shower we play for a couple of minutes and then wind down
Ο She loves to put on her own pull-up/underwear now
Ο Jammies- She hasn’t gotten to wear she chooses her jammies yet, which we always have layed out for her to put on when she gets out of the bath/shower
Ο Read books which usually consists of 1-3 books depending on how much time we have
Ο She loves for me to brush her hair and leave it wet and down before bed
Ο Brush teeth (she tries to do this on her own and then either Shane or myself will follow behind her and brush really good)
Ο She plays this game with Shane every night when she turns on all the lights near her room
Ο I then pick her up and go to her bed to say our nightly prayers with Shane
Ο I then tuck into bed and give her a big kiss and hug and she says “I love you to the moon and stars” and I say “I love you to the moon and back” and close the door, and she goes straight to sleep.
I am linking up with Karli from Sept. Farm for today!
When building a fence, there are very specific tools that you must use, to make your fence-building experience, work (And a heck of a lot easier)!
For today’s 10 on Tuesday post, I will list 10 tools that we used during our experience and leave you with a few pictures! 🙂
- heavy duty stapler – 7/16″ and 9/16″ staples
- 8″ wire cutter
- circular saw
- 24 – 1/4 in lag bolts
- manual post hole digger
- 2 buckets (water, cement)
- 8 inch auger
I am linking up with Karli from Sept. Farm for today’s 10 on Tuesday!
Well, after last weeks post about 5 quirks you may not know about me, I figured I would top this 10 on Tuesday post, with 10 things I don’t do well.
- Eating right. This has been a battle for practically my ENTIRE life that I can remember, and that scale is forever going up and down. One day I will take control of it, and my life, and just live the healthy lifestyle. I love to work out, but hate to eat right…you see my struggle?
- Flossing. I don’t know why I got SO lazy with it, but seriously trying to aim to doing it once it day, is hard. On a good week, I maybe do it 2-3 times a week. Speaking of, I just got through doing it and I am needing to buy more at the store tomorrow!
- Deep cleaning. Now I know many of you see my house relatively clean majority of the time. But just reading this post from Karli’s spring cleaning list makes me exhausted! I need to do every.single.item off of her list. Ugh!
- Focusing on one task at a time. I really have tried to get better at this, but seriously, I haven’t seen much improvement in the last few months. I like to think I am a good “multi-tasker” but that is just code for the fact that I am unable to complete the first task completely that I was supposed to do, so I just moved on to the next.
- Letting go of friends. As an adult, I can’t seem to remember the last time I let go of a friend. You know, the friends that always bring the negativity into your life, complain about any and everything, and don’t seem to appreciate your friendship at all? Those friends. Yep, I am still hanging on to them.
- Talking on the phone. There are VERY few people that I actually talk on the phone with. I am much more of a texter (I don’t even know if this is a word) type person, especially if I only need to say a couple of words/sentences to you.
- Surprises. I love being the one to surprise other people, but I have a hard time accepting that others want to surprise me. I used to hate it (now thinking about it, I am not really sure why), but now I have grown to accept the fact that others are thinking about me, and want to show me that they care.
- Sleeping. I want to say ever since I got pregnant with Rochelle, and after she passed away, I haven’t gotten good sleep. It’s nice to know that other grieving mamas go through this too, because I literally have such a hard time staying asleep. Not really quite sure why, but I hope to practice some meditation exercises soon and new relaxation techniques.
- Accepting compliments. I don’t know why I have always struggled with this, I am thinking maybe it’s just insecurity in the end, but I really have to remind myself to say “thank-you” before blurting out something else like “no, you have really pretty teeth”, or “I love your hair too”.
- Moving on from the past. A lot of who I am, stems from the lack-of relationship I had with my father, and it took me a lot of years to learn how to let go, forgive, and move on from the past. It wasn’t easy, and I am still working on it at times, but I feel so much better after doing it!
Today, I am linking up with Karli from Sept. Farm for today’s 10 on Tuesday!