Let’s start off with the sad news that this is going to be the last 10 on Tuesday linkup party! Ahh! But I have loved every second of it, and so without further ado, here are the list of 10 things I dislike!
- Spiders–I mean well, you can add snakes and cockroaches into this category as well! I just really DON’T like them, but my fear has decreased tremendously once I became a parent, and knew that I would do anything to protect Brielle.
- Heights–I have never gotten over this fear. I will do things at times to see if the fear is still in me, and I find out every time that it has not left, yet! I really think just being on ground level is best!
- Driving in the rain–I really have heard of so many terrible things on the news/real life that have happened to people while they were driving in the rain. The times that scare me the most, are during a huge thunderstorm and I can barely see the person in front of me, even with the windshield wipers going full blast.
- NOT sleeping–I really do miss the days when I could sleep 8+ hours, no problem! Well, that has been long gone for quite some time now and I can’t wait for it to return (or will it ever?).
- Black coffee– I have tried to decrease the amount of cream that I put in my coffee by a LOT, but I can’t seem to give up the cream cold turkey yet! I love coffee and hopefully one day I will look back at this post and say to myself “it wasn’t THAT hard Sheridan”!
- Going to bed angry–Shane and I used to do this a lot during our early years of being together, until we finally just made a decision together that either one of us wouldn’t go to bed angry. No matter what. Sometimes that means staying up and talking until 3a.m, but we will work it out.
- Saying things more than once–Marrying someone with a learning disability has taught me a lot of things, but one thing I still have to work on is that I have to say things more than once, a LOT of the time. I get so used to just saying things once to Brielle (since I am with her majority all day, every day) and when Shane gets home from work and I am having to repeat myself a lot, it sometimes drives me crazy. But, he can’t help it, and I just have to remember that.
- Scary movies– I have never liked them, but I would still watch them when I was younger. Well, that led to terrible nightmares of anything and everything and so I just one day decided NO more scary movies for me (including the ones on lifetime channel that I used to be so addicted to).
- Texas summer heat–I REALLY dislike just walking outside and sweating in the 110 degree Texas weather. It’s no fun, and I am SO not looking forward to it!
- Battery charging–I really wish batteries didn’t die so fast on the phone, my laptop, my fitbit.. etc! I feel like I am always having to charge something to have enough power for the day!
I am linking up with Karli from Sept. Farm for today!
When Brielle is going to bed, it used to take forever! Now we have gotten it down(of course after bath is done) to about 5-10 minutes! This 10 on Tuesday, I going to list 10 things Brielle must do before she does to bed.. or else our night routine will not be fun!
Ο Of course she must take a bath /shower
Ο Right when she gets out of the bath/shower we play for a couple of minutes and then wind down
Ο She loves to put on her own pull-up/underwear now
Ο Jammies- She hasn’t gotten to wear she chooses her jammies yet, which we always have layed out for her to put on when she gets out of the bath/shower
Ο Read books which usually consists of 1-3 books depending on how much time we have
Ο She loves for me to brush her hair and leave it wet and down before bed
Ο Brush teeth (she tries to do this on her own and then either Shane or myself will follow behind her and brush really good)
Ο She plays this game with Shane every night when she turns on all the lights near her room
Ο I then pick her up and go to her bed to say our nightly prayers with Shane
Ο I then tuck into bed and give her a big kiss and hug and she says “I love you to the moon and stars” and I say “I love you to the moon and back” and close the door, and she goes straight to sleep.
I am linking up with Karli from Sept. Farm for today!
When building a fence, there are very specific tools that you must use, to make your fence-building experience, work (And a heck of a lot easier)!
For today’s 10 on Tuesday post, I will list 10 tools that we used during our experience and leave you with a few pictures! 🙂
- heavy duty stapler – 7/16″ and 9/16″ staples
- 8″ wire cutter
- circular saw
- 24 – 1/4 in lag bolts
- manual post hole digger
- 2 buckets (water, cement)
- 8 inch auger
I am linking up with Karli from Sept. Farm for today’s 10 on Tuesday!
Well, after last weeks post about 5 quirks you may not know about me, I figured I would top this 10 on Tuesday post, with 10 things I don’t do well.
- Eating right. This has been a battle for practically my ENTIRE life that I can remember, and that scale is forever going up and down. One day I will take control of it, and my life, and just live the healthy lifestyle. I love to work out, but hate to eat right…you see my struggle?
- Flossing. I don’t know why I got SO lazy with it, but seriously trying to aim to doing it once it day, is hard. On a good week, I maybe do it 2-3 times a week. Speaking of, I just got through doing it and I am needing to buy more at the store tomorrow!
- Deep cleaning. Now I know many of you see my house relatively clean majority of the time. But just reading this post from Karli’s spring cleaning list makes me exhausted! I need to do every.single.item off of her list. Ugh!
- Focusing on one task at a time. I really have tried to get better at this, but seriously, I haven’t seen much improvement in the last few months. I like to think I am a good “multi-tasker” but that is just code for the fact that I am unable to complete the first task completely that I was supposed to do, so I just moved on to the next.
- Letting go of friends. As an adult, I can’t seem to remember the last time I let go of a friend. You know, the friends that always bring the negativity into your life, complain about any and everything, and don’t seem to appreciate your friendship at all? Those friends. Yep, I am still hanging on to them.
- Talking on the phone. There are VERY few people that I actually talk on the phone with. I am much more of a texter (I don’t even know if this is a word) type person, especially if I only need to say a couple of words/sentences to you.
- Surprises. I love being the one to surprise other people, but I have a hard time accepting that others want to surprise me. I used to hate it (now thinking about it, I am not really sure why), but now I have grown to accept the fact that others are thinking about me, and want to show me that they care.
- Sleeping. I want to say ever since I got pregnant with Rochelle, and after she passed away, I haven’t gotten good sleep. It’s nice to know that other grieving mamas go through this too, because I literally have such a hard time staying asleep. Not really quite sure why, but I hope to practice some meditation exercises soon and new relaxation techniques.
- Accepting compliments. I don’t know why I have always struggled with this, I am thinking maybe it’s just insecurity in the end, but I really have to remind myself to say “thank-you” before blurting out something else like “no, you have really pretty teeth”, or “I love your hair too”.
- Moving on from the past. A lot of who I am, stems from the lack-of relationship I had with my father, and it took me a lot of years to learn how to let go, forgive, and move on from the past. It wasn’t easy, and I am still working on it at times, but I feel so much better after doing it!
Today, I am linking up with Karli from Sept. Farm for today’s 10 on Tuesday!