I haven’t done 5 on Friday, in a little while! SO I will definitely update you on a few things happening around with us Johnsons! Things have been crazy around here adjusting into finally having our house complete and moving in it, staying at home M-F with Brielle and homeschooling her, and thinking of how I am going to accomplish all of my goals this year!
- This is pretty exciting news–Our daughter is officially potty-trained, broken of pacifiers, and transitioned into her big girl toddler bed! What’s even more insane is that we did it ALL within the same week! (That is another blog post in and of itself and Shane and I couldn’t be more proud of our 2 1/2 year old growing up right before our eyes)!
- We have successfully completed our house and we are still noticing some small things that are having to be fixed, but are so thankful God put this idea in our heart so that we are more space for our family (yay, for mobile homes!) ;)! I will be starting our blogging journey on how we chose this house pretty soon and what to do/not do when it comes to purchasing your first mobile home!
- I purchased a new lens for myself for Christmas, and boy do I LOVE it! I am seriously loving taking pictures, and could SO see myself doing this on the side one day for profit, once I fully figure out the ins and outs of it all!
- I have joined some amazing blogging groups/joined some classes online, and
I am beyond excited to dive into this blogging journey/lifestyle and really make the most of it! I know now that I am beyond capable of doing great things, and so I want you all to stay tuned for big things happenings around here with Journey with the Johnsons!
- I purchased 5 things for $12 from our little cute boutique called Bleu in our small little town where I live, and I absolutely love a boutique with great sales, so that I can replace my old, used stuff with cute new updated stuff! YAY for amazing sales, and I would encourage all of you to visit your local stores and always remember to #shoplocal!
Bonus**I have finally decided to also dive into starting my book writing Journey! I have a Title in mind, and I am beyond excited to share my thoughts and feelings!
I am linking up below with some other awesome bloggers below, click here and here. 🙂
This past week has been amazing to say the least. Between working in Austin two days, seeing my best friends that are pretty much like family and going to see Jillian Michael’s speak about maximizing your life(will post a later blog about that amazing experience), and seeing my family that live in Temple the weekend before, just made my heart feel so full.
Keeping up with family that live about 150 miles away, definitely makes it difficult at times to see when everyone can take a day off of work, or just happens to have that day off already to be able to plan a get-together. My brother and sister in-law had planned to get my nephew dedicated at their church, and even though the plans didn’t work out we all decided to still meet up and do something fun.
Shane had decided to come up that morning before on a Sunday so he could drive with my parents from Lockhart to Austin. Since Brielle doesn’t like the car too much, we try to make the trips as efficient as possible and take her to one location and stay for a while before leaving to another. So we all headed for my brother’s house for Bri to be able to play around for a little while before getting into the car again, and she definitely takes a WHILE to get used to my brother (the only person she really cries when he picks her up), while I find it amusing, I know in time he will be her FAVORITE person in a few years!
We then decided to all go out to eat at Chuy’s and meet our cousins there since it’s kind of mid-way in Round Rock so they didn’t have to drive all the way up to my brother’s house. Bri was suppose to be asleep during that time, and she wasn’t too happy so Shane and I kind of switched duties with feeding her, and then taking her and walking around for a bit and then returning to the table to that the other parent could eat. We just don’t like to have a screaming baby in a VERY filled restaurant, so we try to keep her as happy as possible. After some great conversations, we got cute pictures and then everyone went on their way back home. It was so much fun, even if it was for a few hours! I can’t wait to do it again!
My parents and I also made a trip to Seguin to see how David and Pop are doing, and let me tell you–they make the BEST desserts ever, and my step-dad even gave me some top secret family recipes that I have waited for so long to get, and now they are mine! Can’t wait to bake! 🙂 It is so good to see David do the things that make him the happiest even through all of his pain and struggle he is going through right now. Can’t wait to see them again as well! ( I really wish I would have taken pictures, Brielle was so cute playing with all of their cats!)
Even though I am not allowed to directly talk about my patient, I can say that I am one happy nurse with all the improvement that she has been making since I started working with her! It is such a rewarding job and I know one day in her near future, she is not going to need a nurse and is going to be just like all of the other kids her age! I can’t wait for that day!
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the week:
All of us and our babies!
My cousins, Branch and Veronica with their son Braxton and my nephew Aiden
Kisses for baby Aiden!
My brother feeding Brielle, which lasted less then a minute before she started crying
Grandpa, his bird, and his grand-baby
Oh yes, our child likes to be in everything now! 🙂
Adriane, Lauren and myself (Best friends!)