So I can’t believe it’s already September 30th! This is crazy! I wanted to leave y’all with my top favorite blogs that I wrote from the month and why! 🙂
- Baby girl celebrated 2 months with the Johnsons— I seriously love this because we didn’t know where we would be after the hearing and Shane and I are beyond happy to be able to spend each and every day with her!
- The 60 day hearing–SUCH an important day!–This day was so important and I am beyond glad that I was able to go!
- The day we found we had to say our goodbyes!— Such an unexpected detour in our journey with little man, but we truly hope that it’s for the better!
- The day I turned 28! Seriously?–So crazy to think that I am 28 already and I am really hoping this year is one for the books!
- My tips on raising 3 kids ages 3 and under!–I can’t believe that I survived it and I wrote a blog to help all you mamas out there!! Would love to hear extra input as well!
I hope you all have a great weekend and a great FIRST day of October!
©2016 Sheridan Johnson @Journey with the Johnsons. All Rights Reserved
It’s Friday, which means it’s for a little weekly catch-up with 5 this Friday! This week has been exhausting yet so fulfilling at the same time! Thank you Lord!
∴ Probably the most important thing that happened this week was that we finally switched out adoption agencies from CPS (the one run by the state of Texas) to one near where we live, and we have LOVED working with them so far. The other agency would take what felt like forever and would always find more problems for us to fix, instead of moving forward, and this one new one is the complete opposite. They are willing to do whatever it takes to lend us a helping hand! 🙂
∴ Another important change that occurred was that for the first time in months I went to Bible Study with my Sister in Law and it was amazing. I really want to develop and grow the relationship I have with the Lord, and the only way I am going to be able to do it, is by spending more time with Him.
∴ I have officially worked out 5/5 days this week and killed it! I mean, I think they probably killed me.. but I am so proud of myself for not finding excuses each and every day to not go, and just went. It’s so true about that quote that “you never regret not going to the gym, after the workout is complete”.
∴ On Wednesday, Brielle had an appointment at the dentist, and did SO good! She literally barely cried when the Dentist was too rough when brushing her teeth. YAY! I wanted to reward her by taking her to the park, but I couldn’t remember that fun park that we had went to 6 months ago, and settled for the City Park in Seguin which had this beautiful rose garden, and gorgeous little creek flowing through it. BUT, there was no actual park (swings, slides, places to have fun), but we both still really had fun and went to eat at this amazing little cafe called Amy’s and Cathy’s take out, and boy it was de-li-cious! Will definitely be going back!
∴ Brielle has had a little interest in choosing her clothes lately (especially when I am folding them/cleaning out the old and replacing with the new), and one day this week I let her choose completely what she wanted to wear, and she looked SO cute! I definitely wouldn’t have chosen it for her, but I am happy with her style!
I’m linking up with Karli, who blogs over at September Farm, so head on over to her blog to join the link up party!
Happy FRIDAY!! Hope everyone had a great week!
©2016 Sheridan Johnson @Journey with the Johnsons. All Rights Reserved.
I don’t know about many of you, but one thing I sure do LOVE, is buying great items for a fraction of the cost. I get SO excited when I see the that something is half off! I wanted to update you on this glorious Sunday on 3 of my favorite bargain deals that I have recently purchased!
First thing is the pumpkin vanilla candle that I LOVE that I got from Target in the dollar deal section and it smells delicious!! Oh and by the way it was only $3!
Second thing I love, is this scale that I got from HEB. I know it may sound a little expensive, but it’s a travel digital scale and it was only $12!! How amazing! And I can bring it with me to Lockhart when I travel every week! Oh and it slides back into the slot to make it easier to put into your bag/suitcase!
Third and final bargain is this GREAT book called The One and Only by Emily Giffin. It was a great Barnes and Nobles find and it was more than half off, making the final price $6! I love this book and it is the perfect book for fall weather!
Oh and on a side note, the Supermoon Lunar Eclipse is taking place tonight, and it is suppose to be amazing! The moon is suppose to look blood-orange! So, everyone be sure to look UP tonight before heading to bed!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! 🙂
Wow, 27 years old. I remember thinking, after turning 25, there really isn’t anything much to celebrate until you turn the big 3-0. Whoa, was I wrong! This is the first year that I can actually tell you I am finding who I truly am. Without college, being pregnant and having babies, this is the first year that I have had to grow and find who I truly am. I will write down 27 things about me on my 27th birthday!
- I woke up at 4:30am to start out my 27th birthday year off right at the gym! (I have walked 5,469 steps and it’s only 6:30am)
- I found this passion for photography that I never knew I had!
- Crafting is still my weakness, but it’s something that I LOVE to do!
- I set a goal to lose 27 pounds by my 27th birthday, and I just accomplished it yesterday(lost 29 exactly)! (Still have a new goal to set, but so happy that I did it!)
- Late night walking with my husband and my baby, has become one of my favorite things to do.
- My favorite bath and body works product is the lavender and vanilla body wash that is supposed to help with sleep! 🙂
- I love to read! I just finished the book by author Anna Maxted and will be posting a review soon!
- My favorite season of the year is fall, and I am so happy it’s right around the corner!
- I am wanting to grow my blog further this year, and I will put in as much hard work as it takes, to do so!
- My top two favorite shows right now is Mistresses, and Total Divas.
- I love to work as an RN, but I LOVE to spend more time at home with my little love even more!
- Teaching is one of my biggest passions in life, and I probably will spend Brielle’s whole life teaching her something new every day!
- This is the first year in 5 years that I haven’t been pregnant or trying to get pregnant (kind of surreal).
- I have had the same best friends for over 10+ years (of course adding my favorite twins over the last 5+ years)
- I have’t dyed my hair since my sophomore year in high school in over 10 years (I definitely think that ages me a tad bit) lol!
- Brielle will tell everyone “look that’s mommy’s favorite color pink”, and every single thing that is pink, haha! Oops!
- This month marks two years that I have been with my home health patient in Austin!
- My favorite places in our house are the keepsake areas for both Lamar and Rochelle.
- I love me some pumpkin smelling candles in the fall time (well, really pumpkin anything in the fall sounds perfect to me).
- I have three animals (2 dogs and 1 cat)!
- Brielle’s liquid chalk markers, may just be some of my favorite things to use.
- My teeth have shifted so much since I stopped wearing my retainer years ago (really need to make my dentist appointment and get a new retainer)
- My mom got me the sweetest, most thoughtful presents ever this year (A bracelet with all of my children engraved on it, and the most beautiful jewelry box that I am keeping it in! Thank you so much mom!!)
- Writing has been the one key factor that helps me express my feelings, and get out of feeling so alone and down and about these past few years!
- Lamar’s middle name is Grant (After Shane’s family)
- Brielle’s middle is Diane (After my mom)
- Rochelle’s middle name is Elaine (After shane’s family)