By the way, how many of you thought of the soap opera when you read my Title of this post? haha, I sure did!
On a separate note, there are not many things out there, that stand out more than a bold color. This time, I chose to go with red for the base coat, and red glitter for the top coat! I truly feel that having your nails painted, just brightens up your day! When you are writing, or using your hands in general, you can’t help but smile when you see how cute your nails look!
Here are how my nails+my daughters nails, turned out! I love a color that can look good on both of us, and red was the perfect choice!
For the base coat, you can find it here. It’s called Red Red by Wet N Wild.
For the top glitter coat, you can find it here. It comes in a set of 3, called All that Glitters by Nicole Polizzi (Snooki).
What are some of your favorite colors for your nails?
This crafting project started out with a great garage sale deal $20 for a big dresser with a mirror! I knew right away, that it would be the perfect dresser (with a LOT of work) for Brielle’s new room!
I didn’t know how to get started, or what I was planning on doing with anything. I was looking at ALL of these painting projects on pinterest, and was easily getting WAY too overwhelmed with how much paint/materials/time it took to complete a project, the size of a dresser.
I never get “free time” away from Brielle, when I am at home, so I know I had to do something that could involve her, and was fairly easy!
-Zebra colored fabric for the re-upholstering of the chair (1 yard was on sale at Walmart!)
First, I took everything apart! (Took the mirror off of the back, all of the pull out drawers out, took all of the hardware off).
Then decided to start on the dresser first, and paint everything (with the help of an eager toddler) that I could after I thoroughly cleaned it (it was an old dresser and very dirty). Next off, was the mirror. I painted the outside of the mirror, without having to take the glass off–SCORE).
The next morning after cleaning all of the drawers (when Brielle was distracted doing something inside), I spray-painted the drawers, and all the hardware. It was not as hard I thought, but it took a while to dry outside.
After everything was dry (so we thought!), we took the furniture to the new house, and I focused on reupholstering the chair (which was not fun!), and finished painting it, and I must say, the final product doesn’t look half bad!
While it definitely is FAR from perfect, I must say with a couple of layers of chalk paint, it definitely made a TREMENDOUS difference in the look of this dresser, and I am so GLAD she now she has in her new room. And she will be able to show off to people how she painted it “with mommy”.