Image credit: here
So during this adoption process, it feels like there is a WHOLE lot of hurry up and then wait… so we got stuck in the waiting part for the past 2-3 weeks (but if we are honest.. it’s been in the waiting process for well over a year or so)!
Let me back track a little for those of you who have not been following along my rollercoaster of a journey with them-
• Our foster sons entered into our home on October 31st, 2016 after already being in care since December of 2015. They came all together as a sibling group of 3 and they are our biological nephews that we were never really close to/around due to the boys parents lifestyle choices (drugs, alcohol, theft.. the whole works). We never knew they were in foster care until one day we got a call from Shane’s half sister begging for us to take her boys into our house in hopes of one day adopting them. After a WHOLE lot of prayer, we said yes. This is the first post here where I described each one of the boys, and it’s funny looking back and seeing how hopeful we were in the fact that we could do the adoption fast.. haha nope (gotta love CPS).
• Then when we thought the trial would FINALLY happen, it got rescheduled again and I didn’t know how much longer we would have to finally wait for an answer from the Judge! Little did I know God was working everything out for us..
• THEN this happened and we couldn’t have been more ready to move forward with our lives and our family!
• I tried my best to prepare the boys for the final visit and they did a LOT better then I thought they would have done!
• And then we celebrated having our boys with us for ONE whole year! (plus I gave a little insight on why their older brother was place elsewhere).
And now that we have thoroughly caught up on all the important aspects of this case, we can FINALLY say that we WILL be adopting our boys within the next few weeks (will post an exact adoption date as soon we set one)! We are currently just waiting on our adoption worker sending all of her information to our lawyer and once all of that gets turned in and submitted, we should be pretty close to being able to set the date for the adoption!
We cannot wait to share their pictures (unblurred) with all of you and their NEW names (they both wanted to change their first and middle names–just like we did with Gracelynn).
Stay tuned for some amazing things happening in the Johnson household! ♥
©2018 Sheridan Johnson @Journey with the Johnsons. All Rights Reserved.