I have been wanting to do something fun for Fridays, since it really is such a fun day for us (considering I have to usually work the weekends so this is my last day off, and Shane’s start to the weekend!). I figured this week I would do five things Brielle has been wanting to play with this week! She is such a smart little girl and I always try to find new and fun ways for her to challenge herself with mentally.
- Our first on the list this week is liquid chalk. I have recently heard about them when I was shopping in a little boutique and I asked them what they used to write on their chalk board since it was so clean and pretty! She stated liquid chalk. I found some at the Wal-Mart in Lockhart and I bought a little board to go along with it, and it has been a hit ever since!
- Tracing has been big in our household lately, because I truly feel like the better she can get at this, the better she can get at hand-writing, coloring within the lines, practicing straight lines and diagonals, etc. She sometimes get the shape just right, but other times she likes to draw big circles around it. Either way, she is engaging in the activity and that is what this momma is proud of! 🙂
- She has been loving to carry around her purse these days. She got a cute (but definitely too expensive for me) new little purse when we were shopping at a boutique in Lockhart, before we started to head back to Yoakum. It was SO adorable and it was a momma and baby shop and so it had cute things all around, and it was hard for me to say no to so many cute things! Brielle loves to carry around her little “my little pony”, her lip gloss, her coin purse (with some coins she has collected), and a chapstick. She is so adorable with it, and wants to bring it everywhere, but I make her leave it in the car.
- Building blocks has been an interest to her lately again as well. She has been practicing building up to 10 or more blocks at one time, and trying to make a “princess castle” all by herself without it falling down. I think it’s so cute how independent she is being and I love to see what she comes up with.
- Since completing the alphabet this past week, I knew I wanted for her to start to try to put the letters together and make words. I started with two-three letter words this week and I want to see how much she could comprehend. She got the two letter words pretty good and had a bit harder time putting the three letter words together. I am so proud of her, and I can’t wait to keep teaching her! 🙂