Hi everyone! I am so glad you are here! I wanted to take a moment to introduce all of us to you! Hope you enjoy!
First off, I wanted father of all of my children, my best friend, and my high school sweetheart–Shane!
We have 7 children! So I will start with oldest to youngest!
- First off, we have our biological nephew from my husbands side of the family that became our official adopted son this past March! He is 7 years old and we are so honored to be able to love on him and give him the life he deserves! We did foster-to-adopt with him and his brother and have loved getting to know them so well throughout this experience!
- Next up, is our son Lamar Grant Johnson. We didn’t know we had pregnancy complications until about 16 weeks pregnant. We didn’t know what to do when we heard that our baby boy had Trisomy 18. After further testing and confirming everything, we followed the pressure of the specialist and had terminated the pregnancy on July 14th, 2012. Our faith was rocky at the time, and it will forever be one of our worst decisions.
- Then we got pregnant with our precious, healthy, strong-willed daughter–Brielle Diane Johnson. She was born on June 14th, 2013 and has been giving us a run for our money ever since! We love her so much and cannot wait to see what God has in store for her!
- Next up, we have our other adopted son (brother to Joseph), Luke Thomas Johnson. He is just 6 months younger than our biological daughter, but oh so different! With his quiet, cute, mischievous self, there really isn’t anything you can’t love about him! We are so happy he is in our family forever!
- When Brielle was 17 months old (before we started fostering), her baby sister Rochelle Elaine Johnson was born on November 6, 2015. She was born with Full Trisomy 13 and only lived for 2 months and 1 day. It was the most amazing thing to be able to carry her to term (even when the specialist stated that we should terminate the pregnancy with her as well) and spend those precious moments with her and never leaving her side.
- Then we have our precious adopted daughter, Gracelynn Marie Johnson! We got her when she was 4 months old (she was born March 25, 2016), being discharged from the hospital. She was born at only 1.5 lbs and born 4 months early! She is our little fighter, she’s so brilliant, and so so so funny! December 9, 2017 she became ours forever!
- Last but not least, there is our precious baby boy Malachi Andreas Johnson! When we were planning on having one more biological child, we were fostering 5 kids at the time and had our 1 biolgical daughter (who was 4). We knew it would be our last biological child and I enjoyed everything about that pregnancy with him! He was born January 9, 2018!
Finally, there is me, Sheridan. I am a follower of Jesus Christ, an RN, blogger, reader, crafter, and just recently found my passion for photography!
Thank you all for reading and following along our journey!! We love and appreciate you all!