- Alphabet Under Construction by Denise Fleming– this book was so cute because it rhymes while teaching the kiddos the alphabet. Great fun, letters, and graphics for the kids!
- First words by Roger Priddy– This book is an english/spanish book and is SO fun! It’s great for a one year old, but is also great for my three year old to learn basic words in Spanish! I even learned a few new ones.
- Nuts to you by Lois Ehlert–This book is so cute, and creative and tells a story about how this squirrel is looking for food and just wants to eat nuts. It’s all about his journey, high and low to find what he is looking for. Love the images and how well the blended in the squirrel so the child has “to find it”.
- There was an old lady who swallowed a fly by Simms Taback–This book is SO FUN! And it’s a bit long for my 3 year old to understand how the story keeps going..and going.. but I loved it! It teaches her learning, how to use her memory, and how to follow along to the story!
- Yellow by Sara Schuette –This book is about ALL things yellow.. and it’s so fun for color practicing and for identification of real life items that are yellow that are all around us!
- Ocho Monitos by Steve Haskamp–This book is all spanish. I picked this one because Brielle knows this song by heart in English and I thought she would LOVE to read about this in Spanish.. and she did! So fun!
What are some of your favorite books that you have read lately? Would love to hear!
©2016 Sheridan Johnson @Journey with the Johnsons. All Rights Reserved.