Every Thursday, since the kids have been in school, I drop off them off in the morning at Happy Hearts (Mother’s Day Out) and I head to the library with baby girl. I have loved doing this, because it gives me time to actually go through the books and select which books would be best (rather than letting a 1 year old little boy and a 3 yr old little girl choose their own).
The library is the best idea to getting out of a rut and watching the your children choose the same books, night after night, and not switching up their choices.
I love our little local library, because the people there know me (and my husband) and my kids by name and always asking how everything is going with us, and the kiddos. Story time at the library is especially fun with all the fun crafts, and activities they plan for the kids. They get to use their imagination, and also learn how to learn patience when listening to direction. I love it, and I wish they had it weekly (they only do story time about once a month, here)! You should definitely go check out your local library, and find some good reads!
This week, I wanted to incorporate some of Brielle’s favorite things (pink and cupcakes), and also little mans favorite things (eating, and animals) into the book choices, and I think I made a pretty good selection! I always try to get one bilingual book as well, because I think knowledge is power, and number two.. I could always help learning spanish!
Here are my picks for the week:
- Pinkalicious by Victoria Kahn and Elizabeth Kahn- This story depicts a little girl, who is obsessed with all things PINK. But she could not listen to her parents with they were telling her that she could not eat any more pink cupcakes. Well, turns out she ended up pink. It’s an adorable read for young girls and shows the importance of listening to your parents.
- The Gobble Gobble MOOO Tractor Book by Jez Alborough- This story is cute, because it incorporates a lot of animal sounds, plus a cute little story on how all the animals hop on a tractor and want to take it for a ride, but then the farmer finds out and they get caught.. cute story, very good pictures and colors!
- Fancy Nancy by Jane O’ Connor- This story is about a little girl, who loves to pretend to be glamorous, and doesn’t understand why everyone else in her family is so plain. It wasn’t until her family decided to be dressed up and fancy with her, that she got to appreciate the effort they put in, but that they were more happy just the way they are.
- Just Me and My Babysitter by Mercer Mayer- This story is cute, because it details all the things that you can do with a babysitter around, that your mom and dad wouldn’t particularly like you doing. He loves to just have a mess, and play with his sister, and it’s fun to let the kids read about.
- 10 little Fish (Pececitos) by Harriet Ziefert- This book is so cute and teaching the kids to count in english/spanish and the differences between the colors, and shapes of all the fish. Very Cute and love this read!
- Bedtime for Button by Stewart and Layn Marlow- This is such a cute story about a little bear who was having trouble sleeping and his Dad told him a cute story about how when the little bear was born he would song a sweet lullaby to him every night and it would put him straight to sleep, with no worries in the world. It was so sweet and is definitely good for Brielle when she has nightmares at night.
©2016 Sheridan Johnson @Journey with the Johnsons. All Rights Reserved.