It’s crazy to think that another year has passed.. yet I feel like so much changed (for me as a person and as a family), that I haven’t really just sat down and just looked at this past year as a whole.
Last year my goal was to lose 27 pounds by my birthday, and let’s just say.. that motivation has gotten thrown out the window! I don’t know where it’s at… but I need it to come back, stat! I literally can see myself being put last, because I am taking care of 3 kids.. 3 and under, and I know that this is temporary, until baby girl gets bigger, then I can spend more time on myself. I AM definitely going to do something though, because I am tired of always being tired!!
While I was going to write a list of 28 ways that I have helped others this past year, I figured I will write a list of 28 ways I would like to help others this coming year. I am all about believing and being obedient to God and trying to follow the right path that He is taking me on.
- I would like to donate my time to more organizations to help others, and not just money.
- I would like to join my sister in law in guiding the youth of our community to follow the path God is taking them on, and knowing how and when to handle difficult situations that may arise in your personal life.
- I would like to talk to more moms who have lost children, and guide them to lean toward their faith, even they don’t understand “why”.
- I would like to hopefully adopt a child and expand our family with my husband through faith and the actions of the good Lord.
- I would like to practice and work on my patience. I would like to learn better techniques to use in my day to day life.
- I would like to work more hands on work with the Trisomy 13 and 18 organizations.
- I would like to join the Christmas ornament decorations again with Brielle this year (and of course Shane) and really see the growth and beauty of both Brielle, but in our grieving process.
- I would like to grow my blog, and in return, help others grow their blog as well!
- I would like to read the entire Bible.. even though every time I try to read at night, it puts me to sleep.
- I would like to donate another foot of my hair by my next birthday to an amazing child in need!
- I would like to capture all the major milestones of our foster/adoption journey on all the blog, so both myself and the kids have something to look back on, years from now.
- I would like to visit at least one family member that I don’t often see, every month!
- I would like to kick my food addiction in the butt and live a healthier lifestyle!!
- I would like be consistent in my tithes and offerings at church, starting this month!
- I would like to just do something fun and spontaneous every now and again.. I mean the kids are only young once, right?
- I would like to devour in my photography, and give a couple people some free photo shoots, before I start to charge.
- I would like to be able to grow my relationship with my foster childrens’ parents. It is really important to me that they get to know me and my heart, and I do the same.
- I will go out and enjoy the stillness of nature more, and embrace living out in the country!
- I will be more intentional with nurturing the friendships that mean the most to me!
- I will try to go to the dentist every 6 months.. it’s such a hassle! But I know the importance…
- I will try to cherish all the moments I will be spending on the highway, and try to remember to say a prayer before I leave every week for these family visits!
- I would love to go spend a day in the NICU and just love on those precious babies that don’t have family members.
- I would like to have a closer relationship with my brother. And will make more of an effort to make that happen! Brother/Sister trip in the future? Hopefully!!
- I will enjoy more time doing things my husband loves the most. Even if that means fishing all night.. while catching no fish at all. 😉
- I will spend more time teaching my animals new tricks. They are SO smart, and yet.. going from a family of 3, to 5 in the last 2 months.. poor animals have been kind of pushed to the back burner!
- I will try to get better at flossing. Why can I remember to brush my teeth twice a day, but never find time to floss? Ugh!
- I want to start jogging again!
- I want to attend a lot of events that my family participates in.. whether that’s a football game, any sporting event, or just supporting the small accomplishments.
Cheers to being 28, and here’s to hopefully the next 28!
©2016 Sheridan Johnson @Journey with the Johnsons. All Rights Reserved.