Anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
I have never been openly public about my struggles with having Anxiety, because I never really thought I had it. It had occurred me the other day, when I was just biting my nails, that I really didn’t have a reason as to why I was doing what I was doing.
Looking back, I have battled with this problem for years. I have always twirled my hair, been nervous to talk to people (especially to speak in front of a class), and I worry a lot(of course about a lot of different things). I used to yell and react a lot to different things in different situations, because I just didn’t know how to control what I was feeling. I recently got to thinking how I have gone this long without counseling or medication –both of which are good and I am proud of the people who choose those routes.
I am going to share with you 5 ways (not always so good) I deal with my anxiety.
- As you can read from above.. I bite my nails, and have been doing so for years. When I am handling my anxiety really well in life you can see that all of my nails are long and pretty (and usually painted too). Oh and I don’t need anyone telling me how gross this is.. I clearly already know that.
- I work out. It helps temporarily, but I feel so good after the workout is complete and it kept my mind from racing for an entire hour. Bad thing to working out is that I come home and eat (sometimes good, majority bad).
- I hide. Well, I like to keep to myself a lot as it is, but when I am feeling really anxious I don’t leave my house all day with Brielle (unless of course she requests to go to the park, outside to play, etc).
- I blog. I usually try to do this every night, or every other, and it really does help me as a great outlet to express my feelings and writing through poetry, and photography.
- Last but not least, I clean (and drink coffee, lol!) the entire house. I love to clean as it is, but when I am feeling anxious (and it could happen at any hour of the day/night), I clean and move furniture, and clean some more. My favorite thing lately to clean is windows. We have so many in our house that if you just hand me a bottle of Windex, I will go at it.
I know that other people are suffering from different conditions as well, so please don’t be so quick to judge someone. Instead, try reaching out a helping hand. You never know if you get to be the person they open up to the most.
I’m linking up with Karli, who blogs over at September Farm, so head on over to her blog to join the link up party!
Hope everyone had a great week!
©2016 Sheridan Johnson @Journey with the Johnsons. All Rights Reserved.
2 thoughts on “Five ways”
Anxiety is horrific for me – it’s something I struggle with daily and oftentimes keeps me from enjoying life. Most of the time I can talk myself down from an anxiety attack but there’s occasions where that just doesn’t work. 😦
LikeLiked by 1 person
yes I agree!! It sucks and it’s definitely something that just doesn’t “go away” if we don’t try to talk out self down during an attack.♡♡
LikeLiked by 1 person