OK, so maybe it’s not that fun, but come on.. who ISN’T ready for the weekend? And I am so happy to be off for a weekend, and get to spend this weekend with some VERY special mamas.
Here are the latest happenings with us Johnsons:
- Finally, after three, yes three visits with the oral surgeon.. I am now complete with my visits and I have never been so happy. I developed a terrible case of dry socket and luckily it was not infected, but the pain I experienced was nothing like I have ever been through before. It doesn’t happen to everyone who gets their teeth pulled, which is good, because I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone.
- I finally got my appetite back, great for me.. bad for the scale. I am glad to say though that since I have had more energy from being able to eat again, I was able to work out 3 times this week, heck yes (so happy to be walking 10,000+ steps again)!
- Brielle had some super fun play dates this week, one with one of her best friends Gabrielle and her sister Scarlett, and one with my best friend Caitlin and her kids. She has such a fun/crazy personality when she is with other people, and I love hearing the stories they tell/show me! (More adorable pics to come).
- We bought fencing for our house, since my father-in-law doesn’t want to fix ALL the major problems that we need fixed for the foster/adopt environmental health inspection (since he owns the land we are on), so we are just going to be putting a fence in front of the house to block off all of the problems and not have to mess with the land–thank goodness.
- Last but not least, I am leaving today (yes, mama gets a much needed vacay by herself) to attend a women’s retreat. This retreat is unlike most others, because we all have the same thing in common. Each of us moms there, have lost one or more child(ren). These group of women just get me..because I don’t have to explain myself, or be too scared to share my feelings, they just get it and that’s why I love this retreat so much. To read more about my experience last year click here. I was so lost when I went, just two months after I lost Rochelle and I didn’t really know what I was doing in Round Top, Texas with a whole bunch of women I didn’t know. God brought me there, and I came out so much of a stronger person than when I left. Thank goodness.I can’t wait to see what this year brings.I’m linking up with Karli, who blogs over at September Farm, so head on over to her blog to join the link up party!Enjoy your Friday!! ❤
©2016 Sheridan Johnson @Journey with the Johnsons. All Rights Reserved.